The Explorer Kit incorporates the New Snorkelator - a patented technology that offers divers the ability to combine their snorkel with any diving regulator.
Why purchase a standard scuba package which weighs over 50 lbs, and costs over $1000, when you can get the EasyDive kit for only 15 lbs and $525 (for a limited time)! The EasyDive kit is only 1/3 the weight, and 1/2 the cost of a standard set-up!
Who is the EasyDive kit for? Anyone who wants to jump in the water quickly. The EasyDive provides approx. 15-20 minutes (and should be standard equipment on all boats!) to:
*retrieve dropped items in water
*check on boat propeller / anchor line / perform boat maintenance
*short-term pleasure snorkel / dive in shallow water
*underwater photography (everyone knows the best light for photos is in shallow water so a regular scuba set-up is over-kill here)
*Underwater hunting - whether its for scallops, lobsters or urchins the EasyDive kit is perfect!
1. How do I get my EasyDive filled? Take the EasyDive along with the included refill adapter to any dive shop in the world and they will fill it for you for a nominal fee. Dive shops have high pressure air compressors that pump clean breathing air.
2. Can I fill my EasyDive off a compressor purchased at a hardware store? No, EasyDive has a 3000 psi tank, but those small compressors sold at hardware stores only pump about 125 psi. Plus those compressors do not filter the air so it is not breathing quality air.
3. Can I travel on a commercial airline with EasyDive? TSA regulations state that a tank valve must be removed from the cylinder, which in the case of EasyDive is professionally attached. Therefore it would take a professional to remove and reassemble it. For that reason we do not recommend flying with your EasyDive system. An alternative is to ship it to your vacation destination prior to your trip and then get the EasyDive filled at your vacation destination. If you want to to travel with a small air system check out the Spare Air at www.spareair.com which can be taken on airlines.
4. What maintenance does EasyDive need? Just like all scuba equipment, they must be rinsed thoroughly after each dive to remove salt water and sand. Store EasyDive with a minimal amount of air in the tank. Every year or so the regulator shouldbe serviced by your local dive store, and every 5 years the tank will need a professional test called hydro-testing done by a dive shop.
5. Can I buy an extra tank? The way EasyDive is designed integrates the tank valve and 1st stage of the scuba regulator into a very small and lightweight footprint, this is unlike standard scuba set-ups. This means that you cannot simply swap out the tank with another full tank. Depending on interest we may come out with a model where you could do this, but we anticipate it adding 2 lbs to the system weight, and about $150 to the kit cost.
Ideal uses: Scalloping & Lobstering, Underwater Photography, Boat Maintenance, Resort Diving